What if you during this years ski holiday could book that big new mountain cabin you glanced at previous years. With plenty of space for the whole family and views of the entire valley and the surrounding mountains. Imagine plenty of space in the ski slopes and no lift queue for the whole week. And that you can order and quickly get your food at the lunch restaurant as well as avoid looking for free tables.
Search and book
How to afford the dream ski trip
If you choose to travel to Lofsdalen in Härjedalen during week 2-4 in January you can get all this and you can get it at a price that suits most wallets. Cottages and apartments during this period are significantly reduced in price compared to the high season and Skipass is 20% cheaper than the rest of the season.
- Januari is our most affordable period during the season and there are some real bargains on accommodation. You get much more than you think for your money, "says Maria Hasselgren, CEO of Destination Lofsdalen.
During week 2 - 4 you can really get the feeling of having the mountain for yourself but without having to compromise with amenities and services. Restaurants and grocery stores are open and there are several activities on offer alongside the skiing.
January is also the optimal month for those traveling with young children that isn't bound to the ordinary school holidays. Then there is plenty of space on the slope for unskilled legs and at the ski school there are often fewer students in the classes. Children under the age of 8 are also offered free ski passes as long as they use a helmet.
As a family with children, you can book Loffes Family Package, which makes the ski trip even more affordable with discounted accommodation, bed linen, included children's activities and playland. Read more about offers in January.
Jonny Larsson, site manager at Lofsdalen Fjällanläggningar, says this about skiing this time of year:
"In January, I would say that we may be able to offer the best skiing throughout the season. It is often possible to ski freshly groomed slopes far into the afternoon and for those who prefer to go outside the slopes there is often plenty of snow.
Lofsdalen also offers great ski pass prices throughout the season, and there are thousands of swedish crones to save for those traveling with the whole family. Here you can see a price comparison with several other mountain destinations.
- Wide, child friendly slops
- Two child friendly lifts and one conveyor with roof.
- Happy and helpfull staffs who will help you catch the lift.
- Children's area on the slopes with ski carousel, cones and figures
- Group ski school from 3 years old
- Private ski school for all ages.
- Ski with our mascot Loffe
- Treasurehunt and snowmobile safari with Loffe
- Minipark is available with wide boxes and small jumps for small jibbers
- Härjedalens biggest playground at Aktivitetshuset.
- Free family activity in the evening with barbeque and race with snowracer on Thursdays.
Winter facts about Lofsdalen
Lofsdalen is a mountain village that offers family-frindly alpine skiing and ski-toring together with cross-country skiing. The alpine season premiere is December 14.
- 9 ski lifts
- 25 slopes
- Skicross course
- 3 snow parks
- 122 kilometers cross-counry skiing for skate and classic
- 150 kilometers of ski touring trails
- 150 kilometers snow-mobile trails
- Activity center with bowling and playground